The Australian Copyright Council (ACC) seeks part-time interns for 2018 who will be responsible for the majority of our promotional communication & social media content. This dynamic role allows a high level of autonomy and responsibility for the appropriate candidate.
WHO ARE WE?
The Australian Copyright Council is an independent, non-profit organisation specialising in copyright and intellectual property law. Founded in 1968, we represent the peak bodies for professional artists and content creators working in Australia’s creative industries and Australia’s major copyright collecting societies.
We are advocates for the contribution of creators to Australia’s culture and economy; the importance of copyright for the common good. We work to promote understanding of copyright law and its application, lobby for appropriate law reform, foster collaboration between content creators and consumers, and provide accessible copyright education.
WHEN AND WHERE?
We’re looking for at least 2 part-time interns (ideally 1 day a week each) starting on Monday, 5 February 2018 for a period of a minimum of 3 months.
Days can be varied if necessary.
Our office is on the corner of Redfern Street and Chalmers Street in Redfern, Sydney.
WHO DO WE NEED AND WHY?
We’re looking for two marketing and communications students who are in their penultimate or final year of study who have:
- passion and drive for copyright law, artist rights and the creative industries;
- experience in creating marketing strategies and campaigns for online;
- publication design skills;
- a flair for writing;
- an ability to convey our company’s tone of voice in all marketing channels;
- excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Adobe Creative Suite and Canva is an advantage);
- experience in daily social media planning and posting content;
- good attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
- experiencing working with EDMs for online customers;
- photography skills (not essential but preferred).
Over the period, you will be assisting in developing innovative marketing ideas to drive sales as well as deliver customer service. Most of all, we are looking for flexibility, enthusiasm and individuals who will bring fresh and creative ideas to the ACC and the way it promotes itself.
Applications should contain both a CV, most recent university transcript and a portfolio of your work. All applications and requests for information may be directed to email@example.com.
The due date for applications is Wednesday, 24 January 2018. The ACC is happy to accept unsolicited applications at any time of the year, which will be kept on file in the event that an appropriate position should become vacant later in the year.