The games industry is quickly becoming one of the biggest, most dynamic and interesting of all the copyright industries. However, their interactive, non-linear and audiovisual experience means many games do not fit neatly into established copyright categories. This practical guide is aimed at games developers and publishers. It covers:
- copyright protection for games in Australia and in key markets
- clearing copyright for games
- moral and performers rights
- distribution and monetisation models
- user-generated content, communities, online play and international issues, and
- other relevant laws and issues.