In this practical guide we set out the framework for copyright protection in Australia, how it works in practice, and how to identify when your activities are likely to have copyright implications. Each part in the book deals with a separate aspect of copyright law, and we provide real life examples and cases throughout to illustrate how copyright works in practice.
The topics we cover include:
- What is copyright and why we have it
- How you get copyright
- Who owns copyright
- How long copyright lasts
- When you need permission
- When you don’t need permission: special exceptions
- Who to contact for permission
- Selling and licensing rights
- What happens if there is an infringement
Benefits of the format
What’s fantastic about our e-Publications? Only everything!
Provided in a perpetually accessible format, these e-books can be viewed across all your devices (computer, laptop, phone, tablet). All you’ll need is access to the internet.
Great if you travel for work, are often away from your desk when you might need the information, or just want to study while on the go.
This format allows you to:
• Search for key words and terms
• Click through live links to relevant case studies, resources, and legal websites
• Access any supplements and amendments in real time as our lawyers upload new information.