Australian Copyright Council

You are here → HomeLegal Advice

Legal Advice

We provide a free online legal advice service. This service is limited and we ask that before submitting your enquiry you check whether an Information Sheet helps answer your questions, click here.


To be eligible for our legal advice service you must meet our guidelines below. If your enquiry is outside of our guidelines or is answered in an information sheet/FAQ you will be directed back to this information or your enquiry will be returned. If so, you may want to view our section below Where Else Can I Get Assistance.


Where Else Can I Get Assistance?

If your’e not eligible for assistance, or if we don’t provide the kind of service you are looking for, here are some other options you can consider.


Where? Who is eligible? What can I get?
Law societies in each state Anyone Referal to lawyers in private practice who specialise in intellectual property
Arts Law Centre of Australia Creators and arts organisations Legal advice and referral service
Smartcopying Those working in schools and TAFEs Click Contact Us on the Smartcopying website to identify your local copyright manager
University copyright officers Those working in universities Copyright advice
Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) copyright officers Members of ALIA Copyright advice

Back to top