This book is an essential guide for film makers and producers working across all genres and platforms in audio visual content production today. It contains practical advice about dealing with copyright during production and the copyright issues involved in distribution. We cover everything you need to know to ensure you avoid copyright hassles when making and marketing your content, as well as current industry issues and legal developments.
Topics covered include:
- what is and isn’t protected by copyright
- using music and sound recordings
- performers’ rights and moral rights
- ensuring you have a clear chain of title: when and how to acquire rights
- ownership and financing of your project
- protection of your project
- distributing your project: issues to consider
- industry developments
Benefits of the format
What’s fantastic about our e-Publications? Only everything!
Provided in a perpetually accessible format, these e-books can be viewed across all your devices (computer, laptop, phone, tablet). All you’ll need is access to the internet.
Great if you travel for work, are often away from your desk when you might need the information, or just want to study while on the go.
This format allows you to:
• Search for key words and terms
• Click through live links to relevant case studies, resources, and legal websites
• Access any supplements and amendments in real time as our lawyers upload new information.